Saturday 24 February 2018

Funk Soul Brothers.

I had a lousy day today and it's getting colder than ever, which I could do without.

It's about eight o'clock on a Saturday night and I'm eating a Tesco's Valencia Orange ice lolly, which is the memory of the day. On the radio is Craig Charle's Funk and Soul Show and I'm listening to the James Taylor Quartet.

I've travelled back in time and space to 2014 and I'm watching the band play at The Imperial Wharf Jazz Festival which no longer exists.

This is all thanks to my friend Theo who turned up to check that I was alright and brought with him a box of boiled eggs! Which I am now quite partial to but which seemed strange at the time.

The sounds of sophisticated Funk are echoing through the apartment blocks of the newly rich of London and being listened to by the likes of me.

I knew at the time how lucky that moment was even though I appreciate it that much more now. Actually I was quite ill at the time too.

I had hopes of catching the band again about a month later in Brighton but the concert was cancelled, as was it's replacement a month later. In the years since then there have been many reasons why I couldn't manage to see them but it doesn't really matter, I can still see them in my minds eye.

And I'm tasting frozen orange juice at the same time.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment