Wednesday 14 February 2018

Heading for a fall.

I had a very lucky day today - I nearly had a fall but I didn't.

It's been a constant risk and a worry - having a fall would be a real problem with my crumbly bones.

This morning I was walking from the bedroom, using my two walking sticks when I had a freak accident. My sticks are made up of sections of metal that fit together and held tight but elastic that keeps them in the form of a stick. But when you want to you can fold them up - it's really useful.

As I was walking I trod on the rubber ferrule on the tip of one of the sticks, lifted it up as normal and then........the stick came apart just as I was about to lean on it.

As I said, I was very lucky, I recovered before I fell over but I got a shock and a wake up call.

ill have to be more careful as I stagger about.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment