Sunday 11 February 2018

Popsicle heaven.

It's February, it's freezing cold and I feel ill and I'm sucking on popsicles.

We bought them last summer, the summer that never happened. But now in the middle of a bleak winter I've been finding popsicles a real luxury. Today, Robyn was out and came back with a pack of ice Lollies with different fruit flavour layers.

It's an unbelievable treat. it's fair to say that life is a struggle and I haven't reacted too well to one of the new medications, so this has been a real bonus.

It brings back so many memories; back in July 2013 my mum was very ill and I'd been caring for her. We suddenly had a real crisis and then got help from the local authority. She got a new treatment and I was able to have a rare night out with The Ska Souls, skanking to a Two-Tone beat in a swelteringly hot July. I came home and ate a lemon popsicle during a hot, hot evening. Basking in the glow of a night of good music and fun.

In many ways that's a whole world away from today, but the ice lolly was still a great pleasure.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment