Friday 16 February 2018

In the full glare of the sun.

If there was a time for being tough, I guess it's now. I had yet another hard day, when it should have been easy.

Robyn did the shopping at Tesco's very early and without me, whole I lay in bed late. Which ought to be good for me but wasn't.

It hurt.

She came back with good wishes from the security guard, who used to lend me the disabled cart. It was very moving. Often I get messages from the pharmacy or the fruit and veg guy or people on the check outs. I spent a lot of time there and it's nice to be missed.

But I was ill today, drowsing in the sunshine. Remembering other times sat in the sun in better places at better times of day.

After a long walk down to Kynance Cove on The Lizard in Cornwall. After marvelling at the red and green cliffs of the cove, formed from Serpentine rock. I climbed back to the cliff top and walked along The Lizard, stopping to lie on the summer grass, watching clouds as they smoothed their way across the sky, occasionally breaking to let the sun through so that I could shut my eyes and just bask in it.

Well, that's what I was thinking about as the afternoon sun flooded through the window onto my eyelids.

I'll miss it.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment