Monday 5 February 2018

The Eagles won!

They did it!

The underrated Philadelphia Eagles won the Super bowl. I survived until half time and also watched Justin Timberlake. It was good to see a part of Minneapolis lit purple for Prince. 

I haven't been converted to American Football, it's too much like Rugby for my liking but I did have Robyn there to translate for me.

It was very strange to watch the whole thing without advertisements, which the BBC doesn't run. For us there were lots of gaps and quiet periods  which would have been completely different in the States. 

Eventually I went off to bed although I found it difficult to sleep. A slightly shell- shocked Robyn came to bed at four in the morning, trying to come to terms with the underdogs winning, as I'd guess is much of Philadelphia.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Glad you could watch it. Yes we're hyped over here. Wish I was in Philly right now. Sorry you didn't get to see the ads, they're the best.

    ReplyDelete