Tuesday 28 April 2015

36000 Thanx!


 
 
 
Many thanks for taking this Blog to 36000 - it's been a struggle.
 
It all started after St. Peter's Hospital, Chertsey sent me home with a seriously broken ankle for a week. When I complained the Accident and Emergency department didn't take it seriously; they never dealt with the problem. They blamed the inexperience of junior Doctors when this was a mistake by a consultant who did not know what he was doing.
 
He was allowed to continue to practise until his contract ran out.
 
Since then I've discovered how bad Wexham Park Hospital, Slough is - that's the next hospital along.
 
I've also found out about the appalling record of The Abraham Cowley Unit; that's a psychiatric hospital in the grounds of St. Peter's but run by a separate health trust.
 
As far as St. Peter's is concerned there are good departments and bad ones.
 
Wexham Park is a failing hospital - taken into special measures last year due to the risk of harm to patients and then taken over by Frimley Park Health Trust. It is still a risk to patients and the problems are systemic; they run through the whole hospital.
 
So, I may have cancer and I may have bust my back but I'm not about to give up - not just yet.
 
Neil Harris
 
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment