Wednesday 29 April 2015

Big day.

Ok, so I went a bit quiet over the last couple of days - I had my reasons!

On Saturday, with a lot of supervision, I finally got my trousers on and managed to walk (with a walking frame and a spinal brace) to my car, sit in the passenger seat and put on my seat belt. Big stuff, I can tell you.

On Sunday I DROVE my car - about 3 miles.

Now that was epic.

In the background, I'd moved one of my drugs from the morning to the night to reduce drowsiness.

But I paid for it all - Monday morning when I got up I was in agony. 

You have no idea. But I drove again - about 8 miles or so.

I had my reasons; on Tuesday I had an appointment with my Doctor because my Meds were running out.

That means a 12 mile drive. The only alternative would have been an expensive taxi and that was always going to be pretty painful to my back anyway.

Wednesday; I DROVE to the Doctors. Sat in the waiting room (I couldn't sit anymore in the Doctor's room!), drove back and stopped at Tesco's where I went to the pharmacy.

I had to do that because I'm on the kind of drugs where there's trouble if it's not you ordering them.

Then I took a walk with my walking frame around the store.

No one ever felt happier walking around Tesco's, I can tell you.

Mind you I couldn't buy anything and I won't be able to for a while but that was a Big, Big day.

Thanks Robyn.

Now all I've got to do is work out how I get to St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington to get a scan done next week.

That's going to hurt a bit.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment