Thursday 9 April 2015

Tough day.


Robyn struggled in again on two busses with my laptop so that the Blog goes on!

I've been wallowing in nostalgia on Youtube, watching Ian Dury playing 'What a Waste' and 'Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll';

Every bit of clothing ought to make you pretty
You can cut the clothing, grey is such a pity
I should wear the clothing of Mr Walter Mitty
See my tailor, he's called Simon, I know it's going to fit

Here's a little piece of advice
You're quite welcome it is free
Don't do nothing that is cut price
You know what that'll make you be
They will try their tricky device
Trap you with the ordinary
Get your teeth into a small slice
The cake of liberty

Getting tearful watching Joe Strummer playing 'Redemtion Song'

And to John Lennon singing 'Working Class hero'.

Singing along to the Clash Playing 'Bank Robber' and 'I fought the Law and the Law won' - that's appropriate.

But whenever I'm really ill (it's not like me normally) I sing along to John Cougar Mellencamp's 'Jack and Dianne';

Gonna let it rock
Let it roll
Let the Bible Belt come
And save my soul
Hold on to sixteen as long as you can
Changes come around real soon
Make us women and men

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Oh yeah, I say, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone

Little ditty about Jack and Diane
Two American kids doin' the best they can

I always think I'm helping everyone else on the ward by singing the out the chorus extra loud;

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Oh yeah, I say, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone

Rocking out properly to Dr Feelgood and the incredible Wilko Johnson around 1976.

Green Day's amazing video to 'Good Riddance'.....what more is there to say?

Lots of Punk rock too.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Anyway I have been able to take part in some important research; Robyn has been blind testing me on Jelly Beans courtesy of 'The Jelly Belly Candy Company of Fairfield CA'.

It's dirty work but someone has to do it.

After extensive testing we found that it's quite difficult to pick out the flavours without seeing the colour of the beans first.

I think this needs further study.

Worryingly, Robyn seemed particularly good at guessing the cocktail flavours.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

This afternoon I had a full spinal MRI scan, which didn't fit in too well with my painkiller schedule. I didn't get any first.

It stung - half an hour flat on a board fighting off muscle spasms.

In the movies they put a leather belt between your teeth and fill you up with rotgut whiskey; that would have worked for me.

I lost it by the time they came to slide me back on the trolley.

That stung too.

I felt obliged to explain to a rather frightened looking lady waiting in the queue that it wasn't as bad as it sounded.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Tough day.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home;  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment