Monday 13 April 2015

Day six and has Art saved me from Wexham Park Hospital?


 
 
Here's my bed at Wexham Park Hospital. with one of the many holes in my blanket. Actually, I wouldn't normally mind I'm not fussy and if you are being cared for these things don't matter.
 
If you are not being looked after it's confirmation of the way the place is run.
 
Yesterday, I started having muscle spasms from about three in the afternoon until about 9-30pm when I was given morphine again. Then this morning I was screaming again rom about 3-00am onwards.
 
I've been complaining for a week that morphine doesn't work - if I have a spasm I'll be screaming no matter how much they give me......and they've been giving me lots.
 
Then I met Art- he's a Nurse not a Doctor. For the first time he actually listened to what I had to say and prescribed an 'Anti spasmodic' drug.
 
I'm guessing the clue is in the name - it's starting to deal with the problem. I can move again.
 
I can't believe that I've been screaming for a week - all night long at times, when there was a simple solution I could have been given on the first day that I arrived. Mind you, 'Pain Management'  haven't turned up yet.
 
My feet were also examined for the first time today - that's why I came in on an ambulance stretcher it was all about nerve damage.
 
I'm furious with them - a week of screaming agony and no one listening.
 
But there is hope - my cancer appointment is tomorrow and the transport is booked.
 
Now I just need a metal spine....like a terminator. That should be simple enough.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment