Sunday 2 October 2016

Having a laugh.

I'm not too mobile at the moment - my back brace broke!

I've been wearing it for well over a year since my spine collapsed and I'm feeling a bit lost without it. Naturally it happened on a Friday night which means a long weekend without it.

That being said I don't know who on earth would replace it and, having looked it up on the internet, they range in price from £160 to £394-99p. We take the NHS too much for granted. I'm not looking forward to spending some days wandering around hospitals trying to persuade someone to replace or repair it.

I'm not even sure I still need it.

Either way, I'm feeling very vulnerable at the moment.

Robyn did find these in the small road near us;


Someone's looking forward to a party!

They are nitrous oxide canisters, commonly known as 'laughing gas'. The canisters are sold for whipped cream machines but dealers fill balloons with the gas and then sell them outside clubs. You can see a balloon there and there was another one nearby;


Possession of laughing gas isn't illegal although dealing in it is and Cambden Council has just made it a byelaw offence to even have it.

There are a lot more serious things you can do and a lot worse drugs to use. The worst thing about nitrous oxide is that it's a greenhouse gas 298 times more dangerous than carbon dioxide.

So I would be sorry to see it really outlawed.

I must admit, at the moment, I could do with a laugh myself.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment