Monday 3 October 2016

Pot Pie time.

I'm grumpy at the moment - short on adventures.....so we made a pie!

I've never done this before so I suppose it was something of an adventure. It wasn't helped by Robyn insisting on calling it a 'Pot Pie' - I think that's American for a pie.

I should explain that we are veggies or at least Robyn is fully vegetarian while I'm about 90% - which is not bad given that once I worked in the meat trade just off Smithfield market.

But we are really unhappy with readymade veggie pies - too salty, too expensive and not filling enough.

And they are so busy pretending to be meat pies they aren't very good.

So we wanted to make a  vegetable pie full of......eh, vegetables.

I got the iced water out......gulp!


Note the artful dusting of flour on my top;


Light fingers!


Coming good now;


Meanwhile Robyn did the sauce and the filling;


Looking good;


By this time I needed a sit down;



Not looking too bad for a beginner;



Looking really good now;


I think my lid was a bit too thick and stodgy.


But it was good enough in the end.


I must admit I argued against painting the top with egg but Robyn was right.

How cool is that?


Scrummy, although I think it needed some potatoes in there somewhere;


Well, it isn't climbing a mountain or travelling the world but as adventures go, it's not too bad.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment