Sunday 26 January 2014

Back to 70's with the Sharpees.


 

p

Hey guy’s it’s the;

Call me an Ambulance!

I’m ready t0 g0 h0me n0w T0ur

Day Tw0

It would be hard to beat Stanley Dee in full flight, so I didn’t try on Saturday night – I headed off for The Barley Mow in Shepperton for an easy evening.

Saturdays are normally Rock and Roll – a bit before my time and not, in style terms, me. Tonight however, ‘The Sharpees’ were in town;

 

 
 
offering ‘Maximum Rhythm and Blues’, which I do know something about. The term comes from ‘The Who’, very much a Mod band although this was not Mod night. Rather, British R ‘n B from the early 1970’s, with an extra dose of power and the amplifier turned up to 11.

i

These days I always have a handy set of earplugs with me, just in case.

 
As I was up at the front, by one of the speakers I needed them! There were a lot of their own numbers but also some Dr Feelgood and a lot of Rory Gallagher, the late great Irish Rhythm and Bluesman.

They told me that most of their time is spent in France, Holland and Belgium and judging by the size of their tour bus, I can believe it. That was a good rocky night, not my usual thing but a happy nostalgia trip to 1973.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home :  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment