Tuesday 14 January 2014

Cobwebs.


By the end of Monday I was a bit depressed.  I’m facing an army of carers and social workers on Wednesday and I’ve got a day to clear up the house and clean it.

At the moment it looks like an adolescent has been ‘Home Alone’ (don’t say it).

I could do with a break, just when it’s all going to get really hard.

This evening I had to escape – from everything, even though I didn’t feel like it.

I haven’t been to the Jazz Club at the Red Lion, Isleworth since last year – luckily tonight was hard and fast enough to blow the cobwebs away.

Mark Armstrong on Trumpet;
 
Was doing his best for me

 
As was Simon Allen on Sax.

Both did solo ballads as part of a quartet, and I prefer quartets, although I could have done without ‘Stardust’ which always depresses me.

Luckily there was Miles Davies, John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins as well, although they weren't appearing in person as they were indisposed.

Instead I had Leon Greening who gets more hunched over his keyboards every time I see him; he has a feel for the blues and we got a couple of them tonight. Tim Wells on bass and Trevor Tomkins drums were as immaculate as ever.

So it helped – a bit.

Is that sour? Perhaps it is; I’ve also started a job I needed to do but I’ve been putting it off far too long and that isn’t helping either.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:   helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment