Thursday 2 January 2014

Come on 2014, can't you see I'm busy?


After all the excitement of New Years Eve now there’s the reality of New Year’s Day; cold,wet and raining harder. It’s been raining for about two weeks. The ground is saturated with water and it’s got nowhere to go. The River Thames is high and bloated and every day more rain. The water falling here makes its leisurely way down to the river where it is joined by the water rushing downstream which fell two or three days ago.

That can only have one ending and there is more rain forecast. It’s been a long, long winter this year and the cold spell is still to come. It feels like I’m paying a price for the things I did last year. Sigh.

I got up this morning, tired out from last night with an empty fridge, a day to go before I go shopping and over the next ten days a growing nightmare to sort out. Too much stress.

And then there are things I need to do for myself and none of that has been happening. Important things to finish off.  Clocks are ticking and calendar pages are turning.

And now, it’s the second of January already. Took my pills too late this morning and now I have to wait until I can have breakfast. I need to get to Tesco’s early because I have to make a phone call well before lunch and then I have to get to the hospital…..

So 2014, you’d better stop messing me about. Can’t you see I’m busy?

Neil Harris
(a don’t stop till you drop production

No comments:

Post a Comment