Thursday 9 January 2014

Should I stay or shouId I go - floods reach Wraysbury.


Should I stay or should I go now?

If I go it will be trouble

If I stay it will be double

Oh I don’t really know,

Should I stay or should I go?

The Clash.

 

It’s 3-00pm Thursday, I’ve just got back from seeing my Mum, which was a risk but I needed to make sure she won’t be discharged until the situation is clearer. While I was there Social Services were ringing to ask them not to discharge her, so she is OK.

On my way there I had to drive through about 4 inches of water at ‘Sunnymeads’, and I was worried I wouldn’t get through on the way back. I didn’t do the shopping – no point if the electrics go. I’ll eat tins and left overs.

Anyway I have two big fat F@#k Off Cuban Cigars which I was saving for a couple of approaching milestones in my illness and there are a couple of special bottles to be got through. I’m making my last stand here.

There wasn’t much of a choice anyway – run away or stay and salvage what I can. If I go I can't come back, the gas and Electricity would stay on and probably everything would be destroyed.
If I stay I won't be able to leave as the roads are cut, but I can sort things out.

This is Wraysbury Village green – remember the Cricket?

 

 This is the road back, only one of two in or out, gulp.


 
I wish my car was taller


 
It’s not like this on Top Gear:



 

 
Oh S£#t!
Side view:


 

I made it and drove down to the river but was turned back: many of the roads near the river have gone and are now shut.

The next 8 to 12 hours are crucial and I’m sticking it out
Think Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
 
1548: phone call from the Environment Agency - The Colne is flooding at Colnebrook.
That's not good.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till it reaches your chest production)

No comments:

Post a Comment