Monday 20 January 2014

Thank you, Jubilee Ward, Upton Hospital, Slough.


I didn’t know that anything could ever be as hard as that. For that matter, I didn’t think that anything that wasn’t illegal could raise my blood pressure so much.

I’ve been icing my cake, baking the thing yesterday was hard enough but the icing…...
 

The kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it and vaporised everything into fine white powder. And tonight I was meant to be cleaning up ready for the arrival of the massed ranks of carers, social workers and occupational therapists who are due to bring my mum back home on Tuesday.

Who’s stoopid idea was it to bake a cake anyway?

The cake is for the care assistants, nurses, sisters, occupational therapists and physiotherapists at Upton Hospital, Slough who took in my 94 year old Mum five weeks ago after she was very badly treated by Wexham Park Hospital. Then they started the long process of trying to put her back together again.

Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to do the washing, cook a Bolognese, and a whole load of other things at the same time.
 
I finished the lettering at 1130 pm.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment